“Cottage” is a perennially popular decorating style, with the flexibility to adapt to changing tastes over the decades. It’s associated with comfort, simplicity, and family-friendliness, and allows for a great deal of personalization. This all-new edition of New Cottage Style is packed with decorating ideas and inspiration to achieve a cottage look that’s clean, simple, and light—all from the experts at Better Homes and Gardens.
Completely updated, New Cottage Style shows you what cottage style means today, with new interpretations that keep it fresh, different, and current. You’ll discover the secrets to creating harmony and simplicity with paint, furniture, fabrics, and accessories. Examples of homes in a variety of settings—the country, the beach, the city, and suburbia—will inspire you to bring cottage style to your own home, wherever you happen to live.
- Shows you how cottage-style décor can be beautiful in any room
- Gorgeous full-color photos depict a wide variety of cottage-style homes
- Expert advice helps you interpret what makes a cottage-style space work and gives you ideas for implementing it in your home
Who doesn’t want to achieve a casual, easy lifestyle? New Cottage Style gives you practical ideas and decorating techniques to create a comfortable getaway look in any living space.
Tips for Personalizing Spaces
Little things make a big difference in any room. Personalize your spaces with displays that show your personality and interests.
- Book It: Grab a few of your favorite books and stack them on a table. Top with a small bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Cute Cluster: Use some old glass bottles to create a centerpiece highlighting garden clippings-it’s more interesting than a standard vase.
- Collective Display: Show off hat collections by hanging them on the walls instead of art.
- Serving a Purpose: Use a serving tray or bowl to display accessories such as seashells, rocks, jewelry, and more.
- Memories in a Bottle: Fill old apothecary bottles or jars with sand from vacations and group these together on a mantel or shelf.